Fort Worth & Dallas Weddings FAQ On Planning
• Keep the wedding guest list under 100
• Time: Morning or early afternoon wedding – does not need a lot of alcohol, food or dance band
• Location – consider having the ceremony and reception at the same site – therefore paying one site fee – also few hours for the event
• Keep wedding party small – cutting down on cost of attendant bouquets and gift to each member in the wedding party
• Wedding attire – give yourself a limit you can spend and shop at stores that allow you to stay within that amount
• Limit wedding party – for each additional attendant you will need flowers and thank you gift
• Select wedding vendors carefully – information during the initial vendor meetings can be overwhelming – take the information home & review. Try to make decisions without pressure – according to your wishes and budget, not your emotions.
• Set up your own wedding checking account – setting aside a certain amount to place in it each month. Using only that amount for the wedding allows you to actually see what you are spending, and a great way to stay on top of your expense and deposits to each vendor.
Kay is a member of the American Association of Certified Wedding Planners and the Professional Wedding Guild of Fort Worth.